NuGo Slim Energy Balls.
Guys! The NuGo team asked me to get creative using their bars in a recipe.
I did a lot of thinking about this and how I could use my fave bars in a fun way. Then I thought about some of my other favorite foods and ingredients...and then NuGo Slim Energy Bites were invented!
NuGo Slim bars are my GO TO for post workout. They are my GO TO for when I need something sweet but healthy & they are my GO TO when my day needs to perk up!
Their nutrition profile is really strong & they have a great source of protein, which got me thinking. Why not try to create something out of them using the bar as the full protein source.
These took about 6 minutes total to make & are SO delicious. They are also a vegan & gluten free option for those who need. You can definitely try with any Slim bar flavor, but mint was a great choice!
NuGo Slim Chocolate Mint ENERGY BITES:
- 1 NuGo Slim Chocolate Mint bar
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup raw, gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup*
1. Break up NuGo Slim bar into smaller pieces & place in blender with about 2 tbsp water. Blend until bar grinds down into mini pieces. (You don’t want it to be fully liquid, suggest to pulse a few times and mix around & then pulse again until small pieces remain)
2. Pour NuGo Slim blend into bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients.
3. Mix until fully combined.
4. Wet hands and roll into 8 balls (think ping pong ball sized).
5. Place in fridge to cool & harden.
Suggest to make 4 servings with 2 bites per serving.
Each bite has roughly 7g protein, 110 calories, 2g fiber
*BUT for a higher fiber version sub in ChocZero Maple Vanilla syrup for pure maple syrup (this is what I did and they were AMAZING): https://www.choczero.com/collections/choczero/products/sugarfree-maple-vanilla-syrup - changes nutrition to ~100 calories, 5g fiber & 7g protein per bite -- SO GOOD!
PS! Don't forget - by using code: HSH15 you get 15% off Slim bars on NuGo's site! Click HERE!