Vegan Veggie Muffins.
I was asked by the team at Nugo Nutrition to come up with a vegan recipe. So, knowing me - it was of course a muffin :)
This was a little different from my typical recipes for obvious reasons, but they happen to be pretty good! I managed to use them in a non-vegan way and add them into one of my power bowls & they were an awesome grain option in there as well!
Play around with this one and make it work for you! And if you are vegan - I would love to know what you think! They are super simple, using basic ingredients and packed with nutrients!
Blog post also found on Nugo's website.
These little vegan, gluten-free veggie muffins can be used in so many different ways, adding a ton of nutritious benefits to breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snack time.
Is there anything better than cooking once & eating multiple times?! Time is always something we simply don’t have enough of, but making time to cook, making time to feed your body good food is so important.
As a dietitian, I firmly believe that food should not add extra stress to our lives, it should instead fit into our lifestyle helping us feel our best, so we can do our best each day. Not only does meal prepping & bulk cooking save time & make life easier, when the recipe is also this simple & this delicious, there is an instant happy factor added to it!
Personally, after making these, I decided to cut two up into small pieces and use them as a “crouton” on top of my salad! Get creative with them, you can add in different vegetable combinations to always make them taste different. Enjoy the simplicity & ease of this new staple in your meal prep routine!
Vegan Veggie Muffins
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (may sub ANY chopped veggies into this recipe!)
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups garbanzo & fava bean flour (may also sub for plain garbanzo bean flour)
- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup chickpea crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic & herb no salt seasoning (or more for preference)
- 2 ½ cups water
- chopped garlic
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add avocado oil & chopped garlic. Add chopped vegetables to hot pan and sauté until veggies begin to cook through & begin to brown. Roughly 5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking – in a bowl add garbanzo & fava flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, chickpea crumbs, garlic & herb seasoning and water. Mix together & set aside.
- Once veggies are cooked pour into bowl with flour & mix to combine all ingredients together.
- Split batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before you pop out & enjoy!
Best if served warm.
Each muffin contains approximately 110 calories, 6g fiber, 7g protein