Today is not only Taco Tuesday, it is also the first night of Haunkkah!! So for everyone who celebrates...HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!! Tonight I will be attempting to make the infamous oil ladened latke a healthier option - but last week, we crushed taco tuesday in our house - and if you are taco-ing tonight, you need to try these little tweaks to make tonight the best taco night you have EVVVEEER had!
So truly, this is a basic taco "bowl" - but the few key ingredients you need to replicate this make ALLL the difference. In the ingredient list below I have linked the stars of this dish for you. Again, as with most of my dishes - this is totally customizable so play around with it and let me know how you make it yours!
Fish Taco Bowl.
- 1/2 romaine heart, chopped
- Chopped veggie blend (optional: I used Mann's Rainbow salad in there - chopped veggies to just add some crunch with the side salad part)
- 4 oz. flounder
- 1/4 medium red pepper, cut to strips
- 1/4 yellow onion, cut to strips
- 2 tbsp plain Siggi's yogurt
- 1 cauliflower sandwich thin from Outer Aisle Gourmet
- 1 tsp Cindy's Kitchen honey sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Organic Girl lemon agave dressing, divided
- Mccormick fiesta citrus seasoning
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- FISH: Place flounder on baking tray. Top with 1/2 tbsp organic girl lemon dressing & top with fiesta citrus seasoning. Place in oven & cook for 10-12 minutes -- until fish flakes easily and is cooked through.
- VEGGIES: While fish is baking - In a hot saute pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, plus 1/2 tbsp organic girl dressing plus peppers & onions - add a little fiesta citrus seasoning and cook over medium heat until desired doneness achieved (i love when mine are fully browned)
- Heat cauliflower thin on separate saute pan to brown on each side.
- SAUCE: literally, just mix 1 tsp of the Cindy's honey Sriracha into 2 tbsp (or more if you need a little extra) plain siggi's yogurt. ((ITS SO GOOD!))
- Now assemble - In a bowl, add chopped romaine & veggie blend if using. Place cauli thin next to greens & layer fish on top. Add in your sauteed peppers and onion. Top greens with the remaining tbsp of organic girl.
- ENJOY the most delicious & healthiest version of taco tuesday EVVAAAAAA!!!