Protein x Fiber Waffle UPGRADE.
No intro necessary for these. And honestly, I am going to copy and paste the recipe from my prior post on to here for you guys. Because all I did was add in 1/4 cup riced frozen cauliflower and upgraded the crap outta these beauties!! For those of us who don't get enough veggies in our diets, or those who need to sneak in veggies into our children's or significant other's diets - you need to try this! I used the Green Giant frozen riced cauliflower so it required no extra work on my part. I microwaved the cauliflower rice for about 30 seconds to soften and then mixed it right in with the rest of the usual ingredients.
2 veggies, 2 fruits (when you top with berries), >20grams fiber, and depending on the protein you use - about 20g of protein too! I also dusted these with Chocolate PB powder for a little extra something something. And let's just say - I am a happy girl this Monday morning - make these and tell me how happy you are too!
- 4 GG’s – ground up in a nutri-bullet to flour-like consistency
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides (protein powder – sometimes I use whey if post workout instead)
- 1/2 banana – sliced
- 1/4 cup riced cauliflower - if frozen either microwave or thaw to slightly soften before use
- 1 egg
- 1/4 zucchini grated
- 1 tbsp Lilys No Sugar Added Chocolate Chips
- Optional/as needed: 1-2 tbsp. coconut milk or water to loosen the batter
- Mix all ingredients together. Adding egg last to combine all ingredients well.
- As needed add coconut milk or water to loosen up the batter.
- Pour over a hot skillet pan or into a hot waffle iron.
- Recommended to make into 2 smaller pancakes.
- Top with 1/2 cup berries, a touch of pure maple syrup or a little sugar free maple syrup or 1 tbsp nut butter depending on your preference.
- AND ENJOY the greatness!!!