Most people would say they have a soft spot for pizza. Most people would also say that making your own cauliflower crust just to enjoy pizza night not only takes a ton of time, but also really just doesn't ever turn out the way its supposed to...or is that just me? Because I have literally NEVER been successful at it - just being honest. ANYWAYS, whether you can relate or not - you have to try the new Trader Joe's cauliflower crust. It's so fun to top, it gets really crunchy and is just really delicious.
Last night I went a little crazy with my toppings & it was SO good. So wanted to share. I used cottage cheese & ricotta cheese for extra protein & layered a ton of veggies on there. You can come up with so many different options for these babies and I would love to see what you come up with so don't forget to tag me on IG when you do!
Overall - moral of the post is - try the crust, make sure you top it with clean & balanced ingredients and enjoy pizza night any night of the week! (oh yes and tag me on instagram when you make a good combo!)
- 1 cauliflower crust
- 1/2 cup lower sodium marinara sauce
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ container baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup (or more) broccoli pearls
- ~5 pitted dates, chopped
- Optional: grilled chicken breast or thighs (I used 2 previously grilled chicken thighs ~3oz. each, chopped up)
- Baby arugula – for topping
- Cheese of choice for topping (I used blue cheese)
- Balsamic glaze
- Prep crust per package directions.
- While crust pre-bakes – mix together marinara sauce with cottage and ricotta cheeses, set aside. In addition – saute onions, mushrooms & broccoli pieces.
- Once onions start to smell good (because I am not a chef I don’t know how to say that in real terms – so bare with me here) add in diced dates and cooked chicken just mix all together and turn off stove.
- Once crust is ready – get ready to layer.
- Start with a nice layer of your sauce mixture (this mix adds a ton of extra protein!!) – you may have some left over and that is ok so feel free to just add a nice, thin layer.
- Then, PILE on your veggies (that is also mixed with your chicken & dates!)– layer it up, nice & thick, cover every inch of the pizza with veggies!
- Top with 2-3 tbsp. cheese of your choice – I used blue cheese on this one because it pairs so nicely with the dates and you only need a little to get a ton of flavor.
- Bake per crust recommendation
- Once out, top with arugula & drizzle with balsamic glaze before DEVOURING.